Friday, July 6, 2012

To Suck or Not to Suck . . . that is the question

Slide 2: It doesn't suck.
     Why?  I believe Republicans hold traditions close to their heart, are mostly middle class citizens, and do a good job to keep the American dream alive. Many more people who are conservative are Republican. I hold traditions, values, and morals in high regard; I feel like the Republican party does its best to maintain all these in high regard.

Slide 3: It sucks.
    Why? Although it's great that President Obama killed Osama bin Laden and is the first black president we've ever had, I do not think he has made as much progress with many pressing issues--healthcare, our national debt, etc. 

Slide 4: It doesn't suck!
     Why? Harry Potter is a great novel; it was one of the first times I didn't struggle reading through a book. I feel like I've grown up with the series and it holds a special place in my heart. I mean seriously, when there's a new movie released, they had costume contests in the theaters! Such a cool novel that brings so much youth together!

Slide 5: It doesn't suck!
   Why? I own a macbook pro, an iPhone, and a iPod touch! I absolutely adore all three of these items. I was first skeptical of getting an iPhone because it's completely touchscreen, however, the saying it right--once you get an iPhone you never go back! Although Mac does suck when you get into engineering and especially when you want to program things you're own due to all their patents, Mac knows what's going on with all the latest technology. I mean what other company can get families to purchase a useless iPad for $600 as something fun to play with?

Slide 6: It doesn't suck!
  Why? I'm the biggest star wars fan! I love anything sci-fi. I love how the movies spanned throughout not only my parents but my childhood as well. 

Slide 7: It doesn't suck!
   Why? Facebook is how I keep in touch with all my friends and family! I'm addicted. I check it more than my email. I love how you can keep up with someone else's life through it. Also, it keeps you informed on what is going on in the world around you.

Slide 8: It doesn't suck!
   Why? Who doesn't love a big Mac? It just makes you happy to say the words big mac! I mean yeah I don't like how it makes me gain weight, but their food is delicious!

Slide 9: It doesn't suck!
   Why? I love Clemson! Everyone is just so nice here, especially my English 103 professor--he's the bomb! How can't you love Clemson when you're always surrounded by the happy colors of purple and orange?

Slide 10: It sucks!
  Why?  Lady Gaga is a great singer, but her music is so old now! She's definitely not the new Madonna. Her music needs some more spice and awesomeness to it.

Slide 11: It doesn't suck!
  Why? Biebz is great. He has awesome hair. Plus, he made a song for his mom for mother's day. He's awesome and everyone else can get over it because his music is very catchy!

Slide 12: It doesn't suck!
  Why? I'm addicted to Soduku! It's a great game and proven through scientific research to keep your brain more alert and therefore help you be a more aware driver!

Slide 13: It sucks!
  Why? Avatar is a cool movie but it's just hyped up way too much. When I was on a cruise, they played it all day, every day and I just got tired of it! I just need a break from this movie!

Slide 14: It sucks!
  Why? Xbox destroys so many relationships. Boyfriends would rather be playing some shooting game where they blast off people's heads and overtake made up cities. It should just be destroyed indefinitely. 

Slide 15: It sucks!
  Why? I used to love American Idol, but they've kept it going on for way too long. We need a new awesome show. Also, I can't sing so there's no use of it to make me famous (unless I'm on one of their shows of those awful embarrassing singers)!

Slide 16: It doesn't suck!
  Why? I love Glee! I think it just makes you happy to watch. It makes me think I could actually sing and that high school was actually fun. Glee does a great way to incorporate many issues dealt with young people in all races, situations, and abilities. 

Slide 17: It sucks!
  Why? I hate smoking. It does nothing but mess up your lungs. People who smoke are just being disrespectful to their families--they're doing something that's known to harm them and don't care.

Slide 18: It doesn't suck!
  Why? Guns, when used in the right way, can be a good way to protect yourself. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. 

Slide 19: It doesn't suck!
  Why? I believe, despite being conservative, that women should have a right to control what goes on in their body. I feel, in my heart, that it's more selfish to bring a child into this world you cannot support than to get an abortion before it actually forms. Also, if I were to ever get raped and become pregnant, I would get an abortion; I know it's not the child's fault, but I don't think I could go through nine months of something reminding me of getting raped. I know this topic is extremely touchy for many people and there are religious views that come into it. For me, it's simple. Yes, I'm a catholic. However, abortion is defined in many ways and in the right circumstances I believe it is appropriate. 

Slide 20: It sucks!
  Why? Dogs aren't humans! We should just let dogs be free and not try to dress them up like our own kids! If you want a kid of your own to dress, you should become introduced to sex, which, last time I checked is fun. Keep dogs as dogs for goodness sake! Dogs should be able to run around freely!

Well, look at that, I'm a woman engineer and have an opinion! I think that's about it for today! Now onto that paper . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment